The Mailtraq WebMail system can be used to provide a webmail service to the general public - either for a fee, or paid for by advertising.
You have full access to the script source for the pages which make up the webmail system, so you can easily integrate banner ads, and change the appearance to match your own image and colour scheme.
The system is designed for zero-administration:
- Mailboxes can be set to automatically expire after a period of inactvity
- Maintenance operations - purging deleted mail and compressing mailboxes - are automatically scheduled
- Usage can be controlled by quotas and limits:
- mailbox size
- message size
- number of messages sent per period
- number of kb sent per period
- Different users can be in groups, with different limits
- so you can offer a free service with low limits, and a subscription service allowing higher usage
- you can offer a low limit service for an introductory period, and move them to a full-service group when payment is received.