KB15021801 Configuring TLS Connections
How to test a TLS / SSL connection
This example shows how to configure a TLS connection to CheckTLS.com - a connection checking service.
The same method is used for connecting to other domains that need a secure relationship.
Method 1 - illustrated
1. Create a Static Route for the domain you are sending to.
2. Add in a * default route for all other mail
3. Set the Address Spec to the recipient's domain:
4. Set the Mail Host to the recipient's mail host and add :25 (the connection is port specific)
5. At the padlock set SSL Mode to [Explicit (STARTTLS)]
Method 2 - alternative
1. Go to Options | Outgoing Mail | Options | Remote Mail Server Security
2. Click Add
3. Set the mail server to "ts3.checktls.com:25"
4. Set mode to Explicit
Repeat for each Mail Host you want to connect to using STARTTLS
Make sure you put the :25 on the mail server name as it is port specific.