KB02012806 Outlook '98 and Outlook Express
When you first start Outlook Express you may be shown the Internet Connection Wizard. If not, simply go to Tools | Accounts and select Add -> Mail.
- In the wizard set your name and email address.
- At the E-mail Server Names screen, set My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
- Specify the POP3 and SMTP servers as Your Server's IP Address.
- Specify your logon information, but do not select Secure Password Authentication.
- The Friendly Name should be unique, and will be used to identify your account or ISP. You might choose Mailtraq, for example.
- Select Connect using my local area network.